PSN Error WS-37431-8 is a common problem that any PlayStation user can experience. When it happens, PlayStation 4 users can’t connect to the PlayStation Network which is obviously a matter of irritation. Many users get frustrated when they see the error code because they don’t know how to solve it. If you are one of them, you are in the right place now from where you’ll get to know how to fix the WS-37431-8 Error with ease.
You’ll find a considerable number of articles on the Internet regarding the PlayStation Error Code WS-37431-8, but very few articles have covered authentic solutions. Keeping that in our mind, we have come up with some tested solutions.
Hopefully, after reading out the article, your frustration will get removed from what you have been going through because of that error. So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
What Is PSN Error WS-37431-8?
Before getting into the solutions, you have to know what PSN Error WS 37431-8 means. Well, it is a disturbing type of error because it interrupts at the time playing games. Besides, due to the error code, you’ll get 502 Bad Gateway Errors on the PlayStation’s screen. So, here are some of the common characteristics connected to this error code.
- You may face connecting problems to the PlayStation stores
- Problem with managing account information including your wallet charges
- Difficulties with the activation task
- You will have to browse your trophies
- Remote play needs to be used through the internet connection
How To Fix PSN Error WS-37431-8: 4 Effective Solutions
So, we are in the main segment of the article where the 4 useful solutions have been demonstrated regarding PSN Error WS-37431-8.
Solution 1: Reset Your Modem or Router
This is the initial solution to the Error Code Problem WS-37431-8. Here are the steps to reset the router or modem.
- Step 1: Turn off the router first then unplug it
- Step 2: Wait for 5 minutes minimum
- Step 3: plug in the router again
- Step 4: Turn ON the router again
Note: You can reset the router with the small reset button that is on the backside of the router, but keep in mind that, it will completely remove all the current settings.
Solution 2: Restore The Database
If you still get the PlayStation Network Error Code 37431-8 even after applying solution no. 1, then execute the method. Hopefully, the problem will be solved.
- Step 1: Hold and press the PlayStation’s Power Button for 5 to 10 seconds until the console sounds twice.
- Step 2: Now navigate to the safe mode by connecting a DualShock 4 Control Pad to the PS4 with USB cables.
- Step 3: Click on the PS Button that is on your DualShock 4 gamepad.
- Step 4: Choose “Rebuild Database” on the Safe Mode menu
Solution 3: Adjust Your MTU Setting
It is another effective solution that can be applied to Fix The Error Code WS-37431-8.
- Step 1: Go to the PlayStation 4 “Settings” menu
- Step 2: Choose “Network”
- Step 3: Go for the “Set Up Internet Connection” and select the “USE Wi-Fi” option
- Step 4: Select the “Custom” option to configure your connection
- Step 5: Click on the required Wi-Fi connection to use
- Step 6: Go for the “Automatic IP Address” option
- Step 7: Select “Do Not Specify” for the DHCP
- Step 8: Choose “Automatic” for DNS settings
- Step 9: Now, select the “Manual” MTU option
- Step 10: Enter “1473” as the MTU number, and choose “Next” to continue
- Step 11: Choose the “Do Not Use Proxy Server” option
Solution 4: Change DNS Settings
This is the last solution to fix PSN Error WS-37431-8. Here are the step-by-step guidelines.
- Step 1: Go to the “Settings” on the PS4
- Step 2: Select the “Network”
- Step 3: Choose the “Set Up Internet Connection” and select the “Wi-Fi”, or “LAN Cable” depending on how you connect
- Step 4: Select the “Custom” option
- Step 5: Choose a Wi-Fi network
- Step 6: Go for the “Automatic” option
- Step 7: Select the “Do Not Specify DHCP” settings
- Step 8: Choose the “Manual” DNS settings
- Step 9: Enter “188.8.131.52” as the primary DNS
- Step 10: Type “184.108.40.206” as the secondary DNS
- Step 11: Select the “Next”
- Step 12:Then choose the “Automatic”
- Ste 13: Go for the “Do Not Use” option to finish
The PSN Error WS-37431-8 has become one of the most common problems among the users that the maximum number of users can experience. Though it is a common error, it is solvable, but you have to get the right solutions.
In this article, we have given 4 executive solutions to fix the issue. We hope you won’t find it difficult anymore to get rid of the problem. Even then, if you find any difficulties, let us know in the comment section. Our expert team will reach you.