Instagram is a popular social media platform where anyone can post stories, reels, photos, and whatnot. Users can easily express their feelings with stories, which will go away after 24 hours.
When someone views the story, the uploader will get a count indicating how many users have seen the story. But sometimes, Instagram acts weird and doesn’t want to display the views count of stories. The story’s view count remains zero even after many followers have seen it.
Typically, Instagram story views not showing problems can happen for several reasons, but by following some simple techniques, you can solve this easily. For your help, we will explain how to see views on Instagram story as well as why this problem happens.
Why Is Instagram Story Views Not Showing?
Several reasons could be behind Instagram story views not showing. Here we have pointed out some common reasons why your Instagram story views not showing.
- Very often, a server-side problem may be the reason Instagram hide story views. When this problem occurs, the Instagram app can’t develop a connection to update or sync your story views count.
- If you leave the Instagram app running in the background for a long time, the app tends to experience slight bugs and glitches which can also cause this problem.
- Instagram has released different updates and fixed bugs to improve the app’s performance. If you haven’t updated the app in a long time, you won’t see the count even after the developer fixes the Story View error.
- Each app occupies a significant amount of memory to improve performance. Story view count issues can occur when Instagram occupies a large portion of your device’s cache memory.
How To Fix Instagram Story Views Not Showing Issues?
Most users are facing Instagram story views not showing issues on their devices. For that, here we have covered some simple techniques to solve this problem.
Method 1: Reboot Your Device
Sometimes the Instagram app contains many slight glitches that prevent the app from running properly. This mainly happens when the app runs for a long time. In that situation, a simple reboot of your device can resolve this problem. This is because a reboot helps a device to function any application properly. You can also turn off the device for a couple of minutes and turn it on to see whether the problem is solved. If not, proceed to the next troubleshooting solution.
Method 2: Restart The Instagram App
When you use the Instagram app for a long time or leave it running in the background, it can cause minor bugs and errors. This may cause the app not to show story views on your Instagram app. For that, you just have to reboot the Instagram app. A simple reboot of this app will refresh your Instagram session, which may help to update your story’s view count.
Method 3: Clear Instagram Cache Memory
The Instagram app on your device is responsible for not showing story views. When the app stores a large amount of cache memory, it can affect its features. In that case, you have to clear the cache memory and relaunch the application. Cleaning cache memory will ensure Instagram is free from bugs that help to update story views count. Below are the steps to clear cache memory from your Android device.
- Firstly, navigate the Settings app on your device and click on the “Apps & Notifications”.
- Choose the Instagram app from the showing app list and click “Storage & Cache” on the apps page.
- Now press on the “Clear Cache” and then choose “Clear Storage”.
Method 4: Reinstall The Instagram App
Reinstalling the Instagram application on your device is another excellent way to solve the story views not showing problems. Typically, when you uninstall any app, all corrupted files will be deleted, which may cause a problem. To reinstall the Instagram app, check out the steps below:
- Long-press the Instagram icon from your device’s home screen and press on the “Uninstall” option.
- Then, download and install the app again from the Google Play Store.
- Once Instagram is installed, navigate the app and log in with your username and password.
- Try to post a story to check whether the issue is solved.
Method 5: Update The Instagram App
Instagram has released different updates to improve its stories feature. In some cases, past updates have made Instagram Story View disappear or not updated. So, updating your Instagram will allow you to resolve the problem of story views not showing. The steps for updating Instagram on Android and iOS are pretty similar. Here are the steps:
- Open the Google Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iOS).
- Now search for Instagram on the search bar and pick the app from the showing results.
- If any update is available for the app, you will see the “Update” button instead of Uninstall.
- Tap on the “Update” option, and the update will start instantly.
Method 6: Contact Instagram Support About The Story Views Issue
If the problem isn’t solved after applying the above techniques, it would be best to communicate with Instagram’s support team. In that case, you can write a short email to the Instagram support team that will be beneficial. Besides, you can contact a support team following the steps below:
- Launch the Instagram app on your device and click on your profile picture at the bottom right.
- Then, click on the three-straight at the top-right and click on the Settings logo.
- Now click on the “Help” and tap on “Report a Problem”.
- Choose “Something Isn’t Working” from the showing list and describe the issue shortly.
- After writing, just click on the “Send” option on the top-right edge. You will get a response possibly within 72 hours.
Related Topic: How to Fix Instagram an Unknown Network Error Has Occurred?
After reading this context, you might understand why Instagram story views not showing and the solution for this problem. Typically, the main reasons for not showing story views are: occupying a large amount of cache memory, update issues, bugs and glitches problems, and device issues.
Following the techniques discussed above, you can solve this problem easily. However, if any solution doesn’t work, the problem may be on your Instagram app. So, report the problem to Instagram’s technical support team as the last step and wait a few hours before trying to use the app again.